Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Babies are people too...morning people

I set my alarm for 6:25, but as of late that alarm has been unnecessary.  Milo has been ready to hit the mat and start working out around 6.  I make breakfast - high protein meat mush for the cats, cereal for me, while Milo warms up with tummy-time.  Then I get on the floor next to him and stretch my glutes while eating.  Sometimes he sticks with the floor exercises, swapping between superman-style tummy-time and forming a human letter A.  Sometimes he tires of the floor and wants to do some squats, so I spot him while he puts in a few reps.  It all takes about 15 minutes, a little short for my taste, but I've got work and he's got a big morning planned.  He will either go back to sleep (if Mommy's lucky) or go wake Mommy up (more likely).

 Actual image of Mommy getting lucky after a morning workout

Morning is Milo's favorite time of the day as far as I can tell.  He'll tolerate tummy-time for the longest, and even when he's ready to flip over, he doesn't hold a grudge like he does when I'm home from work in the evening.  It's a little tough to play so early, but playing with him is better than watching Chelsea Lately or The Daily Show like I did before Milo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment